Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Morning Must-Haves

Mondays aren't anyone's favorite, but this semester's Mondays will be especially rough for me since I have an 8 a.m. class and a jam-packed rest of the day. Luckily, I have a few tried-and-true ways of making it through the day, like..


I'm not a fan of brewed coffee in this Kansas heat, but I can still get my caffeine fix by grabbing an iced coffee on my way to class. I may be an amateur coffee drinker (I got hooked during finals week last year - go figure), but I love my vanilla and soy combo. What's your coffee order?


I'm definitely not a morning person, so I like to squeeze as much sleep out of my night as possible. What I don't like is going to class with that squinty-eyed, "I woke up ten minutes ago" look. That's why I love Clinique's All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage. Long name, but it's a godsend on those early mornings. It helps wake you up, brightens your face and feels like a cool cucumber on tired eyes.


As a journalism major and avid reader, I love picking up my copy of the University Daily Kansan each morning. Not all universities have a daily newspaper, but my school is blessed with a great product that is entirely uncensored and student-run. Even if I only have time for the Opinions page and the Free for All (think campus Twitter feed - but anonymous!), the UDK always puts me in a good mood.


I usually don't wake up early enough to make breakfast, and most of the time I don't feel like eating a huge meal at 7:30 anyway! I like to grab one of these Breakfast on the go! packets. They're filled with walnuts, granola, yogurt-covered raisins, and dried fruit - and they're perfect to snack on in between classes.


Finally, I love checking Pinterest throughout the day for some eye candy! If you're not familiar with Pinterest, it's basically a visual inspiration board where you can share all of your favorite things with friends, and discover some of theirs as well. It takes a while to figure out, but I love to scroll through when I'm having a creative block. Follow me at lindseyyylove!


What kinds of things get you through your long days? I'd love to get some more suggestions for conquering the Monday blues!

Take it easy :)


3 comments:

  1. I love the breakfast on the go packets, I've got tons in my dorm room!

    xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of your blog! Too cute!

    And I too, am obsessed with the beauty of pinterest. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pintrest is my go-to for procrastination/a laugh/a general break in the day. I love it! I'll follow you!

    ReplyDelete