Friday, August 26, 2011

It's official..

I have my very first campus job! I've known for awhile that I want to earn some extra money this year, but getting a part-time job is much easier said than done. I applied for eight positions and only interviewed for a couple, but I am officially a transcriptionist for the Department of Anthropology!

Maybe not the most exciting job in the world, but I'm a pretty good typist (it must be all the blogging) and I'll be helping them with a project that will hopefully improve the lives of local farmers, so I can't complain. Plus the pay is decent and I can wear my pajamas if I want to - major bonus!

Have you ever gotten an on-campus or part-time job? Any tips for how to juggle it with schoolwork and having a social life?

TGIF :)


2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I work on campus as an office assistant for Housing in one of the dorms. Scheduling is a big part of balancing jobs and school. Also I combine socializing a lot as studying with sisters so we catch up for a bit and get some important stuff done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. personally, i think this sounds like an awesome job! but maybe it's because i spend my free time volunteering by typing up obituaries for my local museum :)

    i'm sure you'll be great at your job though!

    ReplyDelete