Monday, August 1, 2011

The Trendy College Girl's Must-Have List

I’ll be moving into my sorority house for the first time this August (only 11 days away!), and I’ve been compiling a mental list of things to bring with me on move in day. There are plenty of college checklists out there (like this one from Bed Bath and Beyond), but somehow I don’t think I’ll need blackout window panels or a bookcase. Here’s my list of must-haves for the trendy college girl:



Shower/Bathroom caddy: Perfect for the trek to the communal bathroom each morning! These from Pottery Barn Teen will hold everything you need.

Hanging organizers: Whether you need to organize an excess of purses, shoes or jewelry, shelf space is limited in dorm rooms and hanging organizers can save you a ton of space. This one from Bed Bath and Beyond can hold up to 26 pairs of shoes and is great for other accessories too.

Drink tumbler: This all-purpose drinkware will serve you well through long hours of studying, whether it’s filled with water, soda or coffee! I like this one from Amazon because it holds 24 oz. and the design is super cute.

Rain boots + a cute umbrella: Look sharp on your way to class – even when splashing through puddles! I love all of Target’s rain boot and umbrella designs.

Strands of lights: Whether you hang them along the ceiling, bed frame or mirror, some twinkle lights can add ambiance to a bland dorm room. Surviving College Life has a cute idea for sprucing up a bedroom with accent lights.



No comments:

Post a Comment