Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dress to impress?

Over the years I've learned that I almost always have a better day when I make an effort to look nice. Rolling out of bed, throwing on some Nike shorts and putting my hair in a messy bun may let me sleep a little longer (definitely one of my favorite things), but I spend the entire day in a slump because of my lack of effort in my appearance.

Today's ensemble (or at least it would be if money were no object!):

Going to Class 
Going to Class by lindseyyylove featuring a long sleeve cardigan

Not everyone has this inclination, however, since most everyone in my classes wears the standard t-shirt and flip-fops combo. I have my casual days too, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I feel like an idiot for making an effort!

Do you dress up for class, or are you more of a shorts and t-shirt person? I'd love to hear your tips for staying cute on campus!


4 comments:

  1. My whole school is really big on dressing up. Last semester I didn't as much because I gained a lot of weight and couldn't fit in my clothes but now that I've lost like half of it I'm making an effort again. And I agree, the days are so much better when you put some effort in!

    xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit! And I agree, I always feel more confident when I'm dressed professionally and when I feel stylish :) You're right though-- sometimes in college I would feel like it was too much when everyone else was in sweatpants. But as my dad always says, better to be overdressed than under!

    xo,
    http://soanthro.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsey! I am stopping by from A Picture A Day. Love your blog! And, I absolutely agree with you - some days it's just so much easier to jump into comfier clothes and trudge to class. But, I LOVE the outfit you put together! Maybe someday I'll pull myself together and go to class looking more polished. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dressing up! It makes me feel put together and ready for the day. However, at my school, people don't really dress up, either. Some days I don't, but when I look nice, I feel confident, so I try and do it often!! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete