Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend fun

Whew! So I was definitely planning on doing a weekend update (it was a good one!) on Monday night but this week has been absolutely crazy. Anyway, here is a little bit of what I've been up to the last few days:

Friday: Toga Party!



My toga didn't end up being quite as artistic as some of the other girls' (at least it was better than the boys' outfits! They were ALL in white bed sheets), but I thought I did pretty well for my last-minute trip to Hobby Lobby.

Saturday: Game Day!

I gave a campus tour in the morning, and right after that the tailgating activities began :)


These are pictures from last year (I'll be sure to get some more this weekend!), but KU earned a 42-24 victory over McNeese State. It was so good to get back in Memorial Stadium!


My family comes to tailgate every weekend, and I love seeing them! We're kind of a tightknit group if you can't tell...


My cousin is on the KU volleyball team, so we went to her game also. They won and she was named MVP!

Sunday: Some much needed R & R + wedding shower

I was at home Sunday and most of Monday just hanging out with my family, which I'd been looking forward to for awhile. I talked to my grandparents, who are in Florida living at The Villages right now (Have you guys heard about this place? It sounds amazing!) but who I will see in about a month when we go to New York for my uncle's retirement from the military!

Sunday night my mom and I went to a wedding shower for my cousin David's fiance. I hadn't seen some of my extended family in awhile, and we had a nice girls night. I wish I had some pictures, but I left my camera at school :(

Monday, Tuesday and today: Busy busy busy!

I'm currently in the middle of about a zillion applications, meetings and events. PLUS I started my campus job this week. Twelve hours a week doesn't sound like much, but fitting that into an already busy schedule has been quite the experience for me.

What did you guys do over the long weekend? I'll leave you with the only picture I took this weekend:


She's looking a little scruffy these days :)

6 comments:

  1. Love your toga dress!! You did a great job!!

    What a cute puppy!! AWWW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great extended weekend! I was glad to see my family this weekend as well! And the R&R was much needed :)
    P.S. love your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! So cute that your family comes up to tailgate!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dog is so cute! Looks like you had fun!! I am in dire need of some R & R and am looking forward to Saturday for that, since we don't have a home game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little pup! so cute.. and nice blog design too :-)

    TravelDesignery.com

    .

    ReplyDelete